Jan 31, 2020 - 12:18 AM
Thanks for your question and our apologies for the delayed response. Let me answer this question for you.
Let’s check out how to import from China, and what you can do to make the process more smoothly and efficiently.
- Find a shipping agent or let your factory find one.
- Get a quote from the shipping agent.
- Send them your packing slip, invoice and company details, including your company’s government ID (EIN if in the US).
- Choose the correct harmonization code and confer with your factory/shipping agent.
- Pay for shipping and insurance.
- Wait for the goods to arrive.
- Pay any duty/taxes levied by your country’s customs once the goods arrive.
- It’s really simple, actually, and it’s done thousands of times over every day all over the world. Plenty of people can help you get the job done.
If you mean more generally, “how is it done?” then I’ll tell you that it pretty much goes like this:
- Find a factory/manufacturer in another country. Alibaba/Aliexpress can work if you want to work with China and have never been/can’t speak Chinese, but don’t do anything too complicated and always watch your back. Be overly cautious.
- Order goods with them. Negotiate and sign a PO (purchase order) including any QC (quality control) items you need.
- Arrange shipment with the factory and shipping agent together.
- Refer to the answer above.